Wednesday 18 May 2011

A Quilt For Sigrún Lára



Family and friends are currently busy making our daughter a patchwork quilt.
A university friend of mine, Linda, is organising this amazing project. In her own words this is an explanation of the project:

“I asked Phoebe if she would mind if I made a patchwork quilt. I didn’t know what I could possibly do to help in a situation like this, and thought that if I made a quilt then she would have something in her hands and next to her daughter’s body that signified the love and support that goes into each hand stitch.

Then we thought how special it would be if we collected patches from all over, and she asked me if I would post my idea here, in the hope that her closest friends would help to build it.”
This is mainly a Facebook group, but we would love friends and family who are not on Facebook to get involved too.







No comments:

Post a Comment